1. Organisation contact information:
St Neots Community Support
138 Duck Lane, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 2EQ
0333 3355 344
2. Personal information collected
Below is a breakdown of the personal information that is currently collected and how this is handled.
2.1 Volunteer Personal Information
- Volunteer ID – created during the onboarding process
- Email Address
- Address (including Postcode)
- Scan of a photo ID
- Scan of proof of address
2.2 Service user personal information (courier tasks).
- Address (including Postcode)
- Type of service that is being accessed (i.e. prescriptions may be recorded)
- Additionally, we will record If there are any current Covid symptoms at the address.
2.3 Service user personal information (Friendly caller tasks).
- Address (including Postcode)
We will also optionally capture the following (to allow us to follow up if the scheduled call is missed).
- Underlying health conditions
- Next of Kin
- Doctors surgery details
2.4 Other St Neots-based charitable organisations.
- Contact Name
- Contact email
- Contact phone number (Optional)
3. How and why personal information is collected
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons.
3.1 Volunteer personal information
We collect your name, telephone number, email address, address (including postcode), either a photograph or scanned copy of a photo ID, and proof of address (such as a utility bill). We will allocate you a unique volunteer ID. If you have moved from a coordinator or trustee role to a volunteer role, we will allocate you a new unique volunteer ID.
This information is required and held for the purpose of onboarding you as a volunteer. We collect your telephone number and email address to grant you access to the WhatsApp groups that are used to allocate tasks.
If you are performing a coordinator or trustee role, we collect your telephone number and email address to allow you access to specific files required to perform your role and grant access to the WhatsApp groups used to manage the group. We will allocate you a unique volunteer ID. If you have moved from a volunteer role to a coordinator or trustee role, we will allocate you a new unique volunteer ID.
Volunteer ID will not be reused.
Additionally, Trustees will be granted access to the main google account that holds all of the information for the charity.
3.2 Service user personal information
Your information may be shared with the District Council, County Council, Social Services, Police, Ambulance, or other organisations as per our safeguarding policy for the express purpose of getting you the support you may need and in the event of a risk to life and or serious harm situation and evidence of criminality has come to light.
Under the General Data Protection legislation we collect your personal information (as listed above) for the purpose of allowing our volunteers to support you in the requests that you make to us.
We may also receive your personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- A member of your family/Council/NHS has reached out to us on your behalf with the purpose of allowing us to contact and support you. We will use your data in the same way as for all other service users.
3.3 Other St Neots-based charitable organisations – Contact information
Your information will be retained for the purposes of facilitating meetings and events for St Neots Charity Forum. We will also use it to form a referral directory of members of St Neots Charity Forum to allow members of the forum to refer service users onwards to a charity best suited to help them with their needs.
4. Application of GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the EU and EEA it contains the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information being:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting our data officer – Catherine Goodman, 138 Duck Lane, St Neots, PE19 2EQ. email email@example.com. Phone on 0333 3344 355. She can be reached directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07989 449434
- We need it to perform our activities.
- We have a legitimate interest.
5. How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on a google drive space (Google Drive has SSL encryption). Access to this is allocated to Trustees only. Your details will be stored in one of the 2 tracking sheets that we use to perform our activities. Coordinators are granted individual access to the files for the purpose of coordinating the tasks. Access to full volunteer details is allocated to Trustees only.
5.1 Volunteer personal information
We will keep Archive Names, addresses and contact details for a period of up to 13 months after you leave the organisation for audit purposes only. We will then dispose of this information by removing the row from the Google sheet. If it is clear that the St Neots Community Support organisation will choose to disband we will retain a summary of the work completed and the main tracking files will be removed from the google drive using www.fileshredder.org.
5.2 Service user personal information
We will keep your name, address, contact details and details of support provided for a period of 36 months after we have provided you support for audit purposes only. We will then dispose of this information by removing the row from the Google sheet. If it is clear that the St Neots Community Support organisation will choose to disband we will retain a summary of the work completed and the main tracking files will be removed from the google drive using
5.3 Other St Neots-based charitable organisations – Contact information
We will keep your name, email and phone number (if provided) on behalf of your organisation for a period of 12 months after you cease to be involved in St Neots Charity Forum. On an annual basis, we will re-confirm the details are correct & up to date.
We will then dispose of this information by removing the row from the Google sheet. If it is clear that the St Neots Community Support organisation will choose to disband then this list will be removed from the google drive using www.fileshredder.org.
6. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or phone 0333 3355 344 if you wish to make a request.
7. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by using the following form: https://forms.gle/SzxhjGTPsXofB37d6 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0333 3355 344
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113